14 November 2007

Stress, and Parties, and Laundry, Oh My!

Yesterday was a particularly stressful day for me. There was nothing specific to make it so. I think it was just the weight of feeling like we have no power over our situation. Most people would probably be surprised to know that I am a bit of a control freak. Not in the manner that many people are, it seems contradictory since I am soft spoken and at times a bit timid. But I always want to feel as if my life is neat and ordered. My day to day life follows a predictable routine and there is a familiar sense of consistency. When things aren't as they should be, I just find it so frustrating. I want everyone to do what they are supposed to do, in a timely manner, but life doesn't work that way.

Barbie called this morning to invite us to a St. Nicholas Day party. The boys are going to dress up as lambs to be part of a Nativity scene. John-Paul is dressing up as the shepherd, Angelica will be Mary, the little boys will be the wise men. Alexandria is going to be playing the harp. It sounds like it will be a lovely time. There will also be a pot-luck supper. She also invited us to her house on Christmas Eve.

Jacob woke up this morning with a bit of a cold. His little nose is all congested. His voice sounds too cute. He doesn't seem to be feeling bad, just congested.

I have been trying to finish up a few little tasks around the house this afternoon. I cleaned our bathroom and the breakfast room. And I switched out the breakfast room table cloth for cream colored place mats and arranged a centerpiece on the table of small pumpkins , gourds, and indian corn.

I had a frustrating situation with the laundry yesterday. I discovered that some of the items had turned pink! What I don't understand, however, is that there was nothing red or dark pink in the load. So I cannot figure out what happened. The woes of a homemaker!

0 comments:

Post a Comment