16 November 2007

Growing Up Fast!

My poor little Jacob is so congested! He really doesn't seem to be feeling bad, his energy level is pretty active, especially considering he is on cold medicine. I am hoping that we will somehow avoid Joshua getting sick, although I don't know what the likelihood of that is.

I ended up accomplishing more yesterday than I thought I would. I dusted our bedroom, including the tops of door frames and windows and I dusted the living room and dining room as well.

I ordered a nice cape/cloak yesterday. I had been looking for some kind of lighter coat that would look nice with dresses and skirts, and that can be quite difficult to find! I have a lovely winter coat, but I needed something that I could wear in the in-between weather. I think this will work nicely.

I also ordered new sheets for our bed. A few weeks ago, Allie ripped our favorite sheets and Rick has really been missing them. I find that cute because before me he had no idea what high thread count sheets were or how lovely a down comforter can be, and now he can hardly sleep without them! Even when we have stayed in high end hotels he has complained about the sheets. So I found a set just like the ones that we had and ordered them.

It seems strange that Thanksgiving is next week. With all that has been going on lately, I suppose that time is just passing by quickly. I certainly would have preferred that this situation was resolved before the holiday season began, but I suppose that is just not to be.

Joshua has been in a happy mood today. He has been saying "mama" a lot today, and he wants lots of cuddles. It is so sweet when babies show affection. There is something so rewarding about a slobbery baby hug.

I think that baby Joseph might be as active as Joshua!

I was looking at ideas for the boys new room when we move and I found some really cute ideas. I love some of the ideas from Pottery Barn, but I like recreating them myself. It is so much fun to recreate ideas for less. I have always enjoyed that sort of thing. I have enjoyed gathering decorating ideas for our next home. It is something to preoccupy my mind I suppose. I am looking forward to creating a "big boy room" for Jacob. I can't believe how quickly the boys are growing. Jacob is able to have real conversations and it is just amazing. And Joshua is getting so big and changing every day. Today he has been so "talkative" and he is trying to pull himself up on everything. He keeps getting up on his hands and knees- ready to crawl. He is such an energetic little guy!

It just amazes me how quickly all this happens. One day they are tiny helpless newborns, and then they are rolling all over the floor, exploring everything, and then you blink and they are walking and talking and doing everything that big people do. Jacob jumps, sings, creates and imagines, and has his own ideas about things. It is so neat to see him develop his own opinions about things and to see little pieces of us in him. He has Rick's outgoing nature and charisma, and my desire for neatness and order and routine, and high expectations of himself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment