18 February 2011

Thankful Thursday- Late again!


I am going to have to start writing "Thankful Thursday" ahead of time, or we may as well call it "Thankful Friday"! :) Thursdays always seem a bit busy.

Linda, the youth girl that works for me, comes on Thursdays, and we enjoy having her here so much that I never have a moment to sit down and write. She is such a blessing to our family. It's not the work, although it is certainly nice to have help with the housework, but it is her company that just blesses us immensely! She has such a sweet heart and joyful spirit, that being around her makes it impossible to not smile. She has such patience with letting the boys help her, and they think that helping her clean the house is one of the most fun things they could ever do! Seeing her so joyful in her duties, shows them that work really is a good thing, and I am so thankful to have a helper with that kind of attitude!


I am also so thankful for brothers who are the best of friends. I love watching Jacob and Joshua play together, and have serious conversations together, and genuinely enjoy the company of one other. These two rarely ever quarrel, and they seem to understand each other in a way that only best friends can. I am so thankful that they have each other!


I am so thankful for little boys who want to work! Sure, it's more fun with Linda, but they are usually such willing helpers anyway.


I am thankful for my baby dear. He went through a short spell of being a bit of a handful, but he seems to have left that phase behind and returned to being the most delightful little one. I think he would be happy to sit and rock and sing with me all day long! I am so thankful for a little one who loves to give hugs and loves to be hugged. We love our baby dear!


I am also so incredibly thankful for the visit I had with my dearest friend this past weekend! I am so thankful to have a friend who I can share so much of my heart with. I am thankful for my husband for allowing me to go and visit her, and for being willing to take care of the boys so that I could go. I am so thankful for my friend's family, who were all so welcoming and such wonderful hosts and hostesses!

In Christ's Precious Love,

0 comments:

Post a Comment