16 February 2011

Saying Goodbye to my Bird Friend

*Photo courtesy of www.allaboutbirds.org*

Yesterday was a really nice day, but the afternoon brought with it a piece of sadness. Jacob called me over to the window and said, "Mommy, I think Rocco ate your bird!" Sure enough, there were pieces of him scattered on the ground under the window.

Several weeks ago, my beautiful friend started visiting me. He would come to my window and sit and we would have the most delightful wordless conversations. I so much enjoyed his visits! He would come and talk to me, and then go and eat at the bird feeder. I am sad to lose my little friend. I know it's a natural thing, for a dog to eat a bird, but I shall miss his visits!

Jacob said to me, "I know there's other birds like him, but I guess not others that will come see you like he did". Yes, he was a special little bird, at least to me!

With Love,

4 comments:

  1. oh no, that is sad. Glad he thinks he is protecting you but sad you lost such a pretty friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it! He was just doing what dog's do, so I can't really blame him, but I shall miss my little friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh yeah I dont like it when the doggies do that. Makes me sad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luckily my cat only kills the voles and shrews. I noticed lately that I've seen more squirrels and rabbits around my house than usual, even with all the snow. Then I realized it's because my cat has been inside this past month.

    ReplyDelete