05 March 2009

Thankful Thursday



I feel like I have so much to be thankful for today. I am surrounded by God's abundant blessings and I know that is but for His grace that I am able to accomplish anything at all in this world.

I am thankful for my friends...for the ladies here who are so patient with me (even though I have fallen far behind on sending out the Bible studies). You encourage me, and are such a sweet blessing to me. I am thankful for my friends at the church here, who I have such edifying and sweet fellowship with. I am thankful that they have shown me that even those who "seem" perfect fall short.

I am so thankful for another huge blessing, which I am not quite yet ready to "announce" but I am just so incredibly thankful for.

I am thankful for a son who this morning told me that I am beautiful, even though I am wearing a brown work dress.

I am thankful that our family has found a really great source for fresh milk and eggs.

I am thankful for being able to have devotions as a family, and for hearing the sweet sound of my children singing hymns.

I am thankful that when I told Jacob (3yr old) that I was going to have to take away their tractors, he said "Because I am not obeying God and being sweet to my brothers?" And I am thankful to see how he is growing up so much and proactively doing things to help his younger brothers. Yesterday he pulled out Joshua's chair for him at the table, so that he could climb up. And when he saw Joseph had dropped his toy he picked it up for him without being asked. It's the little things that just melt my heart.

Through God's Abundant Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment