11 March 2009

Joshie Bonked!


The boys were playing in Jacob's room yesterday when I suddenly heard a loud commotion and Joshua's screams. I ran to see what had happened. He had pulled so hard on the blind's cord that it yanked the top molding off of the window, which of course hit him right in the head! He had a huge blue knot and of course I was in a panic. I held a cold pack on it for as long as he would let me, and then as is our tradition I let him hold "frosty bear". I went on to fix lunch, turned around and realized that he had bitten a hole in frosty bear and there was blue goo everywhere. Again I started to panic because I had heard that the goo inside of those things is poisonous.

*Big Sigh of Relief* Turns out he really didn't eat the blue goo, and twenty four hours later all is well. He still has a knot but not nearly as large or blue as it was yesterday.

When I asked him what had happened to his head he said, "Joshie bonked". We hear those words quite a bit around here. I suppose it is part of being the mother of little boys.



Lovingly,

3 comments:

  1. I remember those days! Our youngest (a boy, of course,) was always getting 'bonked.' Stitches and sprains, but no broken bones. He is 17 years old no and I still worry about him sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owie! Directly before typing this, my baby was crying and saying, "bonk...bonk". A simple kiss took care of the tears. Ah, if they all were so easy.

    #2 gave himself a doozy of a cut on his forehead. I am soo glad we keep bangs on the boys to hide their "bangs". There was a big family picture coming up. No stitches required but a scar remains.

    A few days later, he was pushing a dumptruck down a hill and flipped over it. Broke a collar bone. We didn't realize it was that bad right away, so we spent the next day, Thanksgiving, in the ER and had BK for dinner.

    Thursday, March 12, 2009

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one is always getting hurt some way or another. Poor thing! He's had to learn to be tough since he has a rough big brother.

    Monday, March 23, 2009

    ReplyDelete