11 December 2008

To Do's and a Few Thoughts...

1. Clean guinea pig cage.
2. Ironing and mending.
3. Work on Modest Melly newsletter (it has been way too long since I sent out the last one!)
4. Laundry (we fell so far behind last week with all that was going on)
5. Fold clothes and put away.
6. Sweep living room.
7. Refill lamps (we seem to burning a bit more oil now that it is becoming dark earlier)
8. Straighten children's bedrooms.
9. Work on file folder games. (have been putting some more of these together as Jacob loves them)
10. Work on tracing capedress pattern pieces in different sizes.

To be perfectly honest I am feeling a bit overwhelmed or stressed, neither of those seem to be quite the right word, but I am not sure what is. There have been several things that have happened over the past few weeks that have kind of made my head spin. I am one of those people who likes my life to be ordered and structured just so (1 Corinthians 14:40), and don't really like when things come up that disrupt this order. Well, needless to say there have been quite a few "somethings" here recently and it just makes me uncomfortable. I haven't written a newsletter for Modest Melly's lately because I just haven't been able to concentrate, and honestly just haven't "felt" like it.

But- I am feeling like a lot of this worry and stress is simply a test of faith and this morning I remembered the verses James 1:2-3

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience."

I know there must be a reason for everything that has been happening, I don't know if it is a test of faith, or if God is preparing me for something, and honestly I may never know why. But I do know that I have two choices, either trust in God or don't.

So, with that being said, I am off to continue working on my list for the day.

Through God's Abundant Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment