17 December 2008

On My Heart...

I haven't felt much like writing lately, I suppose I have just had quite a bit on my mind and have just felt, well, preoccupied.

I had an experience here recently that reminded me that I am somewhat naive. And at first, I felt tempted to let this experience change the way that I do things, or feel about things, but then it occurred to me that perhaps being naive isn't such a bad thing. I have always seen the best in people, and taken their word to be just that, without a whole lot of question. I like believing that people are genuine, and kind, and that they mean what they say. Questioning that, and wondering about people's motives, only hardens you, and I have always been told that one of my good qualities is that I am "soft". I don't want to be hard. It seems like most people these days have become that way, and it doesn't seem to have brought anything positive. People are bitter, and angry, and rushing about life without stopping to see that there are still good things all around us. I don't want to be that way.

I have purposed to not let this world change who I am. God created me with a special purpose, just as He has with each of His creations. I am starting to really understand this more, and realize that I have a responsibility to not let circumstances turn me into something other than what He made me to be. I pray that God will use me for His purposes, and not let my shortcomings be a stumbling block ( to me or anyone else).


2 comments:

  1. A friend sent me a link to your page, and my eye was drawn to this post. Thank you for sharing - my heart has become hard, and is in desperate need of becoming soft again as it used to be.
    Blessings,
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there friend! :) I was so glad to find that you had a blog as I am a blog fan! I have learned so much from so many lovely women who write blogs! I really love this post! Friend, I cannot change what I have lived, and I am happy as I know my experiences have made me who I am today, but I often times wish that I was more naive and soft. It is such a blessing to always see the good in people. I'm getting much better, but I still have a long way to go in this area. The Lord has really been doing a work on me to change my heart to be softer. I think it is a wonderful quality, and one that we don't see enough of anymore! Thank you for sharing! :)--Sara

    ReplyDelete