31 December 2008

Meal Planning- Having a Menu

Well I must admit that this is one area where I am probably over organized, but it works for us!
I have a 5 week menu that we rotate that include breakfast, lunch, dinners and snacks, and then also one dessert and cookie for each week. Having a menu makes it easier for me to plan ahead (which can help with the grocery budget) and also elminates the stress of what to make for dinner.
My menu follows a pattern in that I have a certain type of dish each day. Like Monday breakfasts are a type of pancake, dinner is a bean dish... I planned our menu out according to our schedule, so on Wednesdays we have a casserole for dinner in case I need to leave it in the oven to keep warm for my husband to eat after church.

I think having a menu also helps with knowing what to feed the children for lunch, which used to be a big headache for me!

I would be happy to share my menu if that would help with ideas.

Through God's Abundant Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment