28 October 2011

October Blessings

October has been a month full of many blessings. Fall has brought with it a pleasant change in weather and scenery. Fields have been harvested and turned into golden and black plains once again. Green leaves have changed color and many have already fallen. Warm weather has turned into breezy chilly days...well, most of the time. Occasionally Missouri shows her spunk with random spikes and drops in temperatures. :)

Our washer and dryer bit the dust, and we decided it was finally time to invest in decent machines! I was a little (ok, a lot) hesitant because I can be a bit cheap, I mean, frugal, when it comes to things like that. But, I'm so glad we bought a nice set! I'm amazed at the difference! We can wash about twice the amount in one load, and it's so much faster and quiet, too!

We took a little trip to the pumpkin patch and the boys loved being able to play on a combine. They love watching all of the farmers working around us, so it was an extra special treat for them.

October has been a busy month of sprucing up around the house. We have repainted the living room, dining room and master bedroom, as well as various rearranging and organizing projects all around. It has been so neat to see this old farmhouse really come to life!

Recently we were talking about what toys I had when I was little, and Jacob asked if I still had any of them. It occurred to me that my special Molly doll was in a box in the basement. I pulled it out to show him, and now she's become loved once again! Both and Jacob and Joshua thought she was the most beautiful of dolls and want to take special care of her. It's so sweet to see one of my most special childhood treasures being treasured by a second generation!

We've been enjoying the local library. Boys who love books tend to love the library! I think we could spend hours looking through the books. I'm so thankful for children who love to learn!

One of my favorite things about changing seasons is decorating! I love the colors and smells associated with Fall. Little touches make a house a home, and I love being able to create the little touches!
I think it'd be nearly impossible not to enjoy this Fall weather! It's not yet too cold to be outside most days, and there's an almost constant breeze. The air just smells like heaven! The sun's light reflects beautifully off of the golden fields. It just feels good to be outside!


Somehow we managed to go the entire Spring and Summer with only wearing "real" shoes to church! It's kind of embarrassing! When the weather changed we suddenly realized that we couldn't find shoes to fit the Bear! It was clear that we needed to sort through shoes and get organized! I can't believe Jacob and Joshua are only about a half size difference!

Yesterday we enjoyed a yummy Fall treat of caramel apples with our friend Linda. The cold windy day was a nice break from the fiercely hot salsa being canned in the kitchen!

All in all, October has been a busy month, but one full of blessings. I look forward to seeing what all the Lord has in store for us the rest of this year!

Love in Christ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment