19 October 2011

Hot Pepper Jelly

My dear friend Hannah gave me a gallon of hot peppers from her garden, so I thought I'd make a batch of hot pepper jelly.

The jelly was so pretty. It turned out mild and the children really liked the taste.

Jacob enjoyed helping me chop the bell peppers.


Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. red bell peppers, chopped and seeded
1 1/4 c. green bell peppers, chopped and seeded
1/4 c. hot peppers, chopped and seeded
1 c. apple cider vinegar
2 pkg. pectin (or 1 pkg. if runnier spread is desired)
5 c. white sugar

Directions:
Place peppers, vinegar, and pectin in large sauce pan over high heat. Stir constantly. Bring to a full boil. Quickly stir in sugar, return to a full boil. Boil for exactly one minute. Ladle off foam and put into hot jars. Leave 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe jar rims and place lids and rings onto the jars. Process in boiling water canner for 5 minutes.

In His Name,

0 comments:

Post a Comment