02 July 2011

Faith of a Child

Jacob has been asking a lot of questions about faith lately. Really good questions! He's always been the type to seek knowledge and understanding, even from a very early age. But, lately his questions have been deep and challenging!

He loves to listen to the sermon excerpts at the end of the "Home" cd from the the Esh funerals. Wednesday we were listening and the minister said, "If you don't accept the salvation that God provided, you're going to go to Hell!" Jacob turned to me with wide eyes and says, "The world needs to hear this! I need to hear this! We all do!" Oh, such wisdom there!

Then Thursday forenoon we were listening to another segment from the same cd. The minister is recounting a story of a ship captain and a young cook boy. The boy is reading Isaiah 53:5 to the dying sea captain. He reads it again, but this time inserting his name in the verse. Jacob came up to me as I was sewing and said, "Mommy, will you read it to me, putting my name in it?" Of course I immediately stopped what I was doing and grabbed my Bible! I began reading it to him,

But he was wounded for Jacob Goodman's transgressions, he was bruised for Jacob Goodman's iniquities: the chastisement of Jacob Goodman's peace was upon him; and with his stripes Jacob Goodman is healed.

He listened intently and then asked, "Will you write it down for me, with my name in it?" Is there any other answer than "YES!" Oh my heart was leaping with joy to see my precious son embrace the sacrifice that my precious Jesus made for each of us!

This week he also asked me to explain the difference in knowing that Jesus died on the cross, and accepting it. Wow! It is so amazing to have these talks with him, to watch him crave more understanding. I can just see his heart growing by the day.

What a responsibility to us as parents! I pray God will lead us and guide us as we direct this little child, and train him up in God's ways!

Love in Christ Who Died for Even Me,

0 comments:

Post a Comment