17 October 2010

The Lord's Day

I know that every day is a blessing, and church days seem to often be extra full of blessings. I don't know if it is the fellowship, or the studying of God's Word during Sunday School, or the sermon, or the beautiful singing, but something about Sundays make me feel like I am getting a taste of what our real home in Heaven will be like.

The Grabers invited us over for dinner, along with the Bylers. It was just lovely to spend the afternoon together. Hannah served baked potatoes with a meat sauce and cheese and all sorts of toppings, garden tea, and a pumpkin custard for dessert. Delicious! Baby (oh, I suppose he is not "baby" anymore!) Jamie loved the potatoes!

The ladies chatted around the kitchen table, while the men visited in the living room, and the children played so happily outside. What a gorgeous day to run around barefoot! I so enjoyed the conversation about recipes and noodle making and weddings and all sorts of things. Sweet Martha is such a joy to be around, and I always love spending time with Hannah.

The sermon today was about Apostasy and how easy it is to slowly find yourself on the path there. It was really a great topic, and has given me much to think about.

I have a busy week ahead, so I suppose I should head to bed shortly! We are going to the zoo in the morning with our co-op friends.

In Christ's Love,

1 comments:

  1. So glad to hear of your blessed day spent in worship of the Saviour and fellowship with your brethren. I love Sundays also! It is such a priviledge to be part of a church family.
    Blessings to you dear sister,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete