12 October 2010

James' First Birthday!

One year ago today, we were blessed with the arrival of little James. He was such a prayed for baby!

Happy Birthday to my sweet baby boy! I cannot believe a year has gone by! You were such a prayed for and wanted blessing, and I cannot imagine life without you. It is my prayer that you always feel loved, always feel special, and always know that God has a special plan, just for you! Happy birthday James!

On this special day, I wanted to reflect back to the day he was born. We had been wondering what we would do when the time of his birth approached because we did not have anyone to watch the older boys while I was in the hospital. When that day arrived, the midwife said she had worked it out so that the boys could be in the room with us, while being sheltered from anything that wouldn't be appropriate for them to see. What a tremendous blessing to have the whole family there to celebrate baby James' arrival!

October 12, 2009


When James finally made his appearance, we were amazed with his size! I had guessed his weight around 7lbs, but he surprised us all weighing in at over 8 pounds! We were so thankful to see that despite being early, he is in very good health.


They boys were so thrilled when they first saw him. "He's here!" "The new baby's here!", they cheered. Jacob could not wait to climb up and talk to him. He told him he loved him and kissed his forehead. Oh- it just melted my heart! It honestly made it even more special knowing how excited he was. Jacob was really looking forward to finally holding his baby brother. He is so sweet and gentle with him. He says he wants to teach him to crawl and talk, and how to play The boys were anxious to explore their new brother. They wanted to see his feet and his little fingers, his hair. Who does he look like? Why does he have a clip on his belly button? Endless curiosity and questions as they get to know the newest brother!


I am so thankful for this first year that we have spent together! I love you dearly...you are such a precious gift!

Love,



2 comments:

  1. I remember that day clearly, he is a blessing. I can not believe he is a year old

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, and doesn't it seem like it JUST happened. How can he be one year old already?!

    ReplyDelete