18 March 2010

Time For a Change!

There have been so many changes taking place in my life, so I felt that it was time for a change on my blog as well!

I have spent my entire life feeling shy, preferring to stay on the sidelines, content with being quiet. Then one day, a part of me woke up. This part of me that enjoys being social, enjoys bright colors, and enjoys facing new challenges. I figured out that I have spent my entire life afraid of stepping out.

A few months ago, I attended a time  management seminar at our local library. It was a wonderful experience. For some reason, I felt comfortable. I felt knowledgeable about the subject, and found myself actually speaking in front of this group of people. I was shocked and amazed. I left the seminar and found that my confidence level was through the roof. This opened my eyes to something that shocked me...Maybe I'm not shy, I'm just scared!

Scared of what, you might ask...Scare of succeeding, scared of becoming something more than the shy, quiet girl I'd always been. Scared of admitting that I like bright pink, and not just pale pink. Honestly, there probably wasn't much of anything that DIDN'T scare me.

Learning that little fact has changed my life. It's not that I wasn't happy before, because I was. But, I feel like I am growing into myself, if that makes any sense- and that's a wonderful feeling.

There's a whole world of potential out there, that I didn't even know existed.  I am so incredibly excited to discover it!



With Love,

1 comments:

  1. I've read you blog for a long time now. It's hard to picture that in real life you are shy because you are someone who has inspired so many women. You have such a strong and vibrant presence in words while at the same time maintaining a kindness and what can only be described as "sweet" demeanor.

    I'm so happy that are feeling so good about your life. That's part of getting older, kiddo! It seems that the thirties are the age of finding yourself.

    Wishing you the best in whatever you pursue!

    ReplyDelete