05 January 2009

A New Covering


Someone had asked me about a picture of the new (well, it was new about a month ago,lol) covering I had made, so here it is. I used the pattern for the traditional Mennonite covering but used a white cotton backed with two layers of stiff interfacing. Actually I take that back, this was the first one I made from that pattern and I only used one layer of interfacing. I was not satisfied with the fit so I made another one and I will have to ask my husband to take a picture of the new one, lol. I was having trouble with the pleats staying nice on this one, hence the second layer of interfacing. My husband said he also would prefer a closer fit in the back so I adjust the pleats. I will post a new picture soon. (really, I will, I promise I have not disappeared from blogland)
Ok, please excuse my silliness this evening, I really am tired,lol.



1 comments:

  1. I would not have thought of interfacing. Most I know use starch like crazy. Mine is gathered, so interfacing wouldn't work, I use a two qt jar to put the covering on and give it a couple layers of heavy starch. Even with all that starch, if my bun sticks out too much, it looks funny. I have to try and flatten it a bit.

    I tend to get really crazy when I am lacking sleep or am real tired.

    ReplyDelete